“How can I tell if someone is attracted to me?”
This is one of the questions I am often asked. The person’s tone of voice and the content of their speech are very important, as well as their body language, but there are also some other key things you can look out for. Below are some of the key tell-tale signs that a person is attracted to you – once you an read the signs you can assess the situation better, and go from there!
Some key indicators of attraction include:
- Paying you compliments.
- Leaning in towards you. This is intimate, and a way of blocking out everybody else!
- Enthusiastic when talking to you.
- Paying attention to what you are saying and asking relevant questions.
- Feet are pointing towards you.
- Exaggerated laughter.
- Pupils dilated.
- Mirroring your body language.
- Maintaining eye contact.
- A casual touch of your arm or back.
- Running fingers through their hair.
What to look out for if there is no attraction:
- Distracted when you try to engage with them.
- Short sharp answers to your questions.
- Not looking at you when talking to you.
- Feet are pointing away from you.
- Not mirroring your body language or leaning in towards you.
Relationships should be fun, but we know at Counselling Central that it’s not always that simple, especially when you first start out. There can be a lot of misleading signs and signals, but don’t let it get you down. If you are feeling stressed with finding love, this is completely natural, but if this stress gets too much, comes speak to one of our stress specialists. Don’t suffer in silence – we’re here to help!